- 1 (5-6 pounds) bone-in turkey breast, thawed
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tbsp olive oil
Seasonings (This is subjective – use what you have)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pat turkey with paper towels.
- Spray a large crockpot with nonstick spray. (A 6-quart crockpot works well)
- Place celery and 1 onion cut into 4’s and roughly chopped carrots to the bottom and add chicken broth or water.
- Cut the other onion in half and place inside the turkey with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Coat turkey with olive oil.
- Stir together all of the seasonings and rub all over the turkey. If leaving the skin on, make sure to rub the seasonings under the skin.
- Place the turkey breast, BREAST DOWN on top of the vegetables. Make sure the turkey is elevated on top of the onion/vegetables.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 1 hour and then low for 5-7 hours or until the turkey’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the turkey from the crockpot and turn so it is breast up. Carve as usual.
- Serve with gravy of choice. You can use the crockpot drippings or use store-bought.
Like this recipe? Try out this Garlic Herbed Chicken and Veggies too!