- Prep Time: 25m
- 6 organic cucumbers (or vegetable of your choosing)
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill (or 1 & 1/2 tbsp dried)
- cloves fresh garlic, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 pint sized mason jars
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut pickles either lengthwise or into round slices. Fill the jar until it's jam packed. If using lengthwise pieces, lay the jar on it's side and stack them in so they are all "standing" together. Make sure there is enough in the jar so none of them float out of place.
- Fill beach jar with enough clean water to cover all the vegetables.
- Once filled, pour water back into a bowl and add your salt, stirring to dissolve.
- Add garlic, spices and herbs to your jars, then pour salt water brine into the jars, filling until covering all the veggies.
- Seal with a lid and leave on the counter in a dark spot out of the sun for 3-4 days until desired flavor.
- Refidgerate and eat!