I won’t bore you with a long story about why this website is here. Instead here is a list of 10 things you may want to know about me:
- I am a personal trainer and work at this training studio in Georgia where I teach strength, kettlebell, functional fitness and coach nutrition to a variety of clients at all levels of health and fitness.
- It is this job that has cultivated my love of nutrition concepts. So many people have food sensitivities, allergies, or autoimmune conditions that could be helped with simple nutritional changes.
- Learning how powerful food can be as a tool for healing and preventing instead of dealing with conditions – even simple ones like stress and anxiety – has given me a new perspective on health in general.
- I am a Certified Personal Trainer. I am a Certified Precision Nutrition Coach. I am a 2016 Honors Graduate of the Academy of Culinary Nutrition.
- I have gained and lost weight and learned the hard way how to be optimally healthy. I’m here to share what I have learned with you!
- I am a mom – I have two boys aged 7 and 11. They are my world and I do everything I do, for them.
- I am a writer and have written articles, blog posts, co-authored a book back in the day published by Wiley Publishing, am a health & fitness expert for TheTot.com, and the editor and creator of SafeMama.com.
- I have articles featured on Healthline.com and have written excerpts for books (Itsabelly’s Guide to Going Green with Baby) and have been mentioned in several books (Slow Death by Rubber Duck) and articles.
- I believe that if you dislike certain foods that it is okay to not eat them. But I think being open-minded and willing to try new things is a quality we all need to have. It is also okay not to be perfect all the time. Let’s be real – perfection isn’t going to happen.
- I didn’t always like kale. But now I do. And so can you. (*massages it*)
If you’re still reading this – thank you – and enjoy the Kale Chronicles.
*And here is a disclaimer!
I am not a physician, doctor, dietician, or a therapist. Before taking any nutrition advice from me or anyone else, consult with your Doctor.